---

I Fagiani

---
ItalianoEnglish (UK)

Si affitta per feste di compleanno ed eventi.

A+ A A-

Santarcangelo di Romagna

One of the most attractive cities in Romagna, it is famed for its beauty and for being the birthplace of more intellectuals and artists than any other town in the province, including internationally-famous poets and screenwriters past and present. Even a former Pope - Pope Clement XIV Ganganelli - was born here as some monuments dedicated to him recall. Art, culture, history and traditions are right at home; visitors can sense this in its narrow streets and squares and in the numerous events that mark the seasons and have become a great attraction for tourists. Its historical centre is more alive than ever, thanks also to careful reconstruction work that has taken care to maintain the vestiges of the past. Despite having over 20,000 inhabitants, it still retains a village atmosphere that focuses heavily on hospitality and where there is a strong cultural identity. Despite this, it also has an international feel and has succeeded in updating its image to meet the challenges of the future. Proof of this is the famous International Festival of Street Theatre that back in 1971 brought the cultural ferment of those years to Santarcangelo. This has always gone hand-in-hand with international social and cultural development. In the same way, the town has managed to update its ancient fairs, renewing traditions and folklore to make them modern events that focus on the town’s wealth of natural products and gastronomic specialities. Its wines in particular are famous and unsurprisingly, it is aWine City. The first settlement dates from the Roman period and followed the foundation of Ariminum, around 268 BC. Its countryside was subject to centuriation and numerous ovens were built in the area. The consular road Via Emilia, which still cuts through the town, favoured trade and led to its transformation into an important commercial centre, a characteristic it has retained and that still makes it a popular destination for visitors and tourists. In the Middle Ages, the town stood on the hill called Colle Giove where the typical layout of a fortified village can still be seen. The elegant and graceful old town is dominated by the Malatesta Fortress as the family ruled here from the 13th century onwards. Although the fortification already existed, it was extended and embellished by the Malatesta and the current structure is the result of this extensive reconstruction. Although the village grew considerably between the 17th and 19th centuries, it has maintained a good urban harmony. Noble buildings stand alongside more popular buildings to create a balance that makes the town particularly beautiful and attractive, also guaranteeing its inhabitants an excellent quality of life. In 1828 it received the title of city and it became an art city in 1984 - 

Grotte misteriose

a title it is more than worthy of given its increasing dedication to hospitality.

 

Source: http://en.riviera.rimini.it/


 

Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 May 2014 13:26

Hits: 2005

San Leo

San Leo as been awarded the title of one of “The Most Beautiful Villages in Italy” and an Orange Flag by the Italian Touring Club.

San Leo, a magnificent art capital mentioned by Dante Alighieri in the Divine Comedy, is the heart of the historical region of Montefeltro and the town that gave it its name. Famed for various historical and geopolitical events, it has been the location for documentaries and films, is a popular tourist destination and a jewel of the province of Rimini. Its extraordinary geological configuration, on a rocky mass with sheer sides, has determined its dual military and religious importance since prehistorical times, testified

 by precious architectural and artistic artefacts. The town was once called Monte Feltro, from Mons Feretrus, a name linked to the important Roman settlement built 

around a temple dedicated to Jupiter Feretrius. As early as the 3rd century BC, the Romans built a fortification on its highest point. The early Christian period (2nd century AD) was characterized by its evangelization following the arrival of Leo and Marino, two Dalmatian stonecutters who founded the Christian communities of San Leo and San Marino thus favouring the spread of Christianity throughout the area until the foundation of the diocese of Montefeltro. Leo is thought to have been the first bishop of the district and built the original memorial on which the parish church was constructed during the Carolingian period, then renovated in the pre-Romanesque period. In the 7th century a cathedral devoted to the cult of San Leo was built next to it. It was renovated in 1173, adopting a Romanesque-Lombard layout and was joined to the imposing Byzantine bell tower. In the 12th century the civitas Sanctis Leonis was an urban area consisting in a Bishop’s Palace and clergymen’s residence, the nucleus of the holy town, with other buildings commissioned by the Montefeltro who had settled here, arriving from nearby Carpegna in the mid-12th century. They took the name of the ancient city-fortress of Montefeltro-San Leo, a city that for two years from 962 had been the capital of Italy under the reign of Berengario II. To this day, the rigour and beauty of the old town have remained intact and it boasts a number of Romanesque buildings like the parish church, cathedral and tower, along with several Renaissance buildings like the Medici Palace, which houses the elegant Museum of Sacred Art, the residence of the Severini-Nardini Counts and Palazzo Della 

La città di San Leo è raggiungibile, salendo dalla costa Adriatica, percorrendo la Strada Statale Marecchiese 258 che da Rimini, costeggiando il fiume Marecchia, conduce in Toscana.

Rovere, now the town hall. The heart of San Leo is the square named after Dante who stayed here, as did St. Francis, who was given Mount della Verna as a gift from Count di Chiusi. The fortress designed by Francesco di Giorgio Martini is on the highest peak and is where Giuseppe Balsamo, known as Count Cagliostro, was imprisoned in 1791 until his death 4 years later. 

Source: en.riviera.rimini.it

Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 May 2014 13:29

Hits: 1869

Gradara

The town of Gradara, situated in the province of Pesaro Urbino in the Marche region, charms the visitor even fro

m a distance. It can be spotted from the motorway by anyone looking up through the greenery of the surrounding countryside rich in olive trees and vineyards. There it is: intact and elegant, with its castle and city walls showing no signs of wear. La Rocca with its Borgo fortificato is one of the best-preserved mediaeval structures in Italy and the two walls which protect the Fort, one of which – the outside one- is almost 800 m. long, also make the town one of Italy’s most imposing.
The privileged position of th

e town, which made it easy to protect but is at the same time only a stone’s throw away from the sea, has made it a hub for traffic and people since ancient times. In the Middle Ages it was the scene of battles between the two Lordships, Malatesta and Montefeltro, who were forever grinding axes to conquer land and fortifications. And it was the Malatesti themselves who made the town look as it does today, building the fort and the double city walls between 1200 and 1300 on an old keep which had been there since 1100. But their reign terminated in 1463 when Federico da Montefeltro took La Rocca following orders from the papal militia.

Gradara then was passed on through many different hands, from the Borgia, to the Della Rovere, to the Medici, who further confirmed her role as the backdrop for battles in the tumultuous territories ruled by the Pope. 
Nowadays, with a constant visitor flow all year round, the town offers many bars, restaurants and traditional eating-houses serving typical dishes handed down over the centuries from mother to daughter in the Emilia Romagna and Marche regions.

Gradara is one of the 

Most Beautiful Towns in Italy (“I Borghi più Belli d’Italia”) and has an Orange Flag rating (Bandiera arancione) from the Touring Club Italiano.

Source: en.riviera.rimini.it

 

 

Last Updated on Thursday, 03 April 2014 12:59

Hits: 1998

San Marino Republic

The Republic of San Marino is 30 minutes’ drive from Rimini and territorially includes the upper valley of the Ausa, the left part of the 

upper valley of the Marano River and almost all the valley of Rio San Marino, a tributary of the Marecchia River. Since 2008, the h

istoric centre of the City of San Marino and Mount Titano have been included by UNESCO on its list of World Heritage sites. It is the oldest republic in Europe and also the country that, in ratio to its inhabitants, welcomes the largest number of visitors, attracted by its historic centre with its numerous shops, ancient squares, buildings, museums, churches and Mediaeval houses all built in stone and all still retaining their former glory. On the top of Mount Titano stand the three fortresses (or fortification towers), linked by walls and communication trenches, which offer spectacular panoramic views.

Source: en.riviera.rimini.it

 

Last Updated on Thursday, 03 April 2014 12:59

Hits: 1918

"I Fagiani",Via San Lorenzo a Monte 26 Covignano, Rimini Tel 0541-709887 Mob: 3484082670 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

.